Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Guess who's back?

Well, I’m finally getting around to doing it. After six months back in Canada I decided to return to the world of blogging. I don’t really know why it took me so long to get another blog up and going. After all, I love writing and taking pictures.
Perhaps I feared I was a one-hit wonder with Sleepless in Suva. I mean, will I be able to entertain readers now that I’m back in the Forest City or would I end up like that guy who sang the Macarena: all washed up … what was his name again?
In Fiji I had street dogs, local grifters, homemade licence plates, and a slew of other Third World anecdotes to blog about.
Now, back in London, I have two cats, a girlfriend who’s repeatedly requested to be left out of all of my writings and sleepwalking habit that I can’t seem to kick to rely on for material.
So you can see why I put off starting this new blog for so long.
But the fall is a time of new beginnings: students go back to school (suckers), a new season is ushered in, I just started a new job and we could even get a new mayor in London. Well, OK, the last one is bit of a stretch. But anyways, I’m back.

No comments:

Post a Comment